Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
IRobotSoft Robot
08/07/20 at 17:57:39
News: IRobotSoft is the Best Visual Web Computing Platform!
Home Help Search Login
Google

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Dropdown-Click Enter-OK on popup (Read 5347 times)
p.pauletto
IRobotSoft Newbies

I Love IRobotSoft

Dropdown-Click Enter-OK on popup
03/04/16 at 07:00:52

I'm trying to get my robot to navigate through a tricky dropdown setup.  There's a list of items ('SubUserCodes' in the HTML) to select from, an enter button to be clicked, then a popup box appears warning the user to save work etc before continuing.  The desired effect is for the robot to select OK then the site will navigate to the next page.  I can select the desired dropdown option no problem with a SetInput event, but for the life of me I can't seem to figure out how to click on the Enter button and then wait for the popup and click OK.  The selected source HTML is attached and around line 143 is where the issue is...I think...

Any assistance would be great

Email   IP Logged
p.pauletto
IRobotSoft Newbies

I Love IRobotSoft

Re: Dropdown-Click Enter-OK on popup
Reply #1 - 03/04/16 at 08:58:38

Sorry, I just realized that I posted the wrong attachment (I was having trouble posting with the code in the body of the post, so I saved the post so I could try posting on a different machine) The HTML code in the previous attachment is what I was referring to, but I've attached the full code for the page with this repost

Email   IP Logged
IRobotSoft Administrator
IRobotSoft Administrator

IRobotSoft, the Best
Internet Robot
System

Reply #2 - 03/04/16 at 13:59:53

You may need to call SendAppKeysWait before clicking to close the dialog box, refer http://irobotsoft.org/bb/YaBB.pl?num=1334466954

The Administrator.
WWW   IP Logged
p.pauletto
IRobotSoft Newbies

I Love IRobotSoft

Reply #3 - 03/08/16 at 16:10:40

We weren't quite ready for the SendAppKeysWait command, but we probably are now.  I figured out the previous issue (moved the SetInput to the end of the previous event, deleted the event that I initially had it in, performed an A Click event and waited for the popups to time out). But man, this seems like a heck of a site to navigate with a robot (that's probably done on purpose by the designers, but it'd be a whole lot easier if I had some sort of a web design background instead of my network SysAdmin background).  Anyway, the current issues involve hidden links that the robot isn't triggering and in-site tabs.

We've gotten the robot to navigate to a page that we want, but there are aspects of the page that I can't figure out how to access with the robot and there's a link that we would normally click:
That would bring up an on-page tab (not a new browser tab, but a tab on the site itself): , the screen then changes into something that we can easily perform a Take Table on and save to csv: .  

Trouble is, I haven't been able to decipher the html well enough to execute the robot commands that I'm unfamiliar with to get to the spot where I can scrape the data that our company needs. I'm guessing that the aforementioned SendAppKeysWait command will probably come into play if I can figure out where to point it.   I've attached the html for where I'm at again.  If anyone has any insight, it'd be really welcome!

...after this I'll have to figure out how to get around a "are you sure you want to leave this page? leave/stay" IE notification, but one step at a time I guess...

Email   IP Logged
p.pauletto
IRobotSoft Newbies

I Love IRobotSoft

Reply #4 - 03/08/16 at 16:18:27

Dagnabbit!  The images that I included in my last post don't seem to be showing up in my browser.  Just in case that's the case for everyone, I've attached the screenshots that I wanted to include in a rar file with this post

Email   IP Logged
IRobotSoft Administrator
IRobotSoft Administrator

IRobotSoft, the Best
Internet Robot
System

Reply #5 - 03/09/16 at 17:48:29

For the open in new tab issue, you can use menu Settings -> Popup -> Open in current browser to open it.  

For javascript heavy pages, you may call javascript directly to trigger more changes, refer:  
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/how-automatically-select-angularjs-dropdown-menu-irobot-irobotsoft?trk=mp-author-card

The Administrator.
WWW   IP Logged
p.pauletto
IRobotSoft Newbies

I Love IRobotSoft

Reply #6 - 03/11/16 at 15:52:18

Still no love even with Open In Current Browser set.  I was able to individualize the different links on the page by calling A List Of Links, but I still can't seem to trigger them to open the new tab on the page.  I've tried an A Click, forms, and a slew of Repeat Actions on the list of links action (including variations of the Option 4 instructions listed in the manual).  

We're cool with the dropdowns & loading the initial pages from those.  Everything seems to be functioning the way we want it to except pulling up the actual screens that we need to scrape from.  

Getting frustrated almost to the point of outsourcing the project

Email   IP Logged
p.pauletto
IRobotSoft Newbies

I Love IRobotSoft

Reply #7 - 03/15/16 at 11:16:56

Solved!  Wound up doing a repeat action on the get a list of links using option 3 in the manual (do not reload and use url) only instead of checking 'open in new browser" in properties, I had to change the "Field index for links" value.  The page with the link that I need to extract from now comes up fine.  I'm now trying to figure out how to enter the default date in a calendar dropdown to indicate what day's table gets scraped from the link, but I'll save that issue for later on a new post

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print